ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects TWO HUNDRED HOURS render time...Ridiculous!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
After Effects TWO HUNDRED HOURS render time...Ridiculous!
on Aug 12, 2017 at 7:03:25 pm

I have a 2 and a half minute long music video that I WORKED MY BUTT OFF! It has close to 100 clips in it, but only 2 scenes so I precomposed the background, then the camera footage, then the web footage and so on so I can apply the effects to the precomps instead of clogging my system and do it to every single clip.

I have Curves, Color Balance, Camera Lens Blur, Rotoscoping on 70 percent camera clips and Keylight on 30 percent of the camera clips. (Dont ask.. different scenes, environment I filmed in.. ) and thats pretty much it.

Problem is there are 6 different camera lens blur plugins with different values and around 70 rotobrush plugins on the roto clips, I know.. .I should`ve comped the clips and rotoscoped the comp not every single clip, my bad, I wont go OVER again doing dozens of hours of work by selecting with my rotobrush every single corner again.

My system is:
64 gb of ram
one m60 gpu
2x intel xeon e5

I use After Effects CC 2017. So far I have tried rendering with AE, which doesnt work because it gives me an error at second 5 and when I use Adobe Media Encoder with the Quicktime YUVV 8 bit lossless codec it takes around 200 hours to render WHICH IS CRAZY!!! Then I tried the .h264 codec and it was around 160 hours! I PAY for my server by the hour, I cannot afford this. What are my options? I need some solutions FAST, please, thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects TWO HUNDRED HOURS render time...Ridiculous!
on Aug 12, 2017 at 8:44:00 pm

Screw the server rental.
Get yourself a nice, big LOCAL hard drive. They're cheap. Render to a lossless codec. Then use Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the lossless file to the file for delivery.

Get Busy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Aug 12, 2017 at 9:23:15 pm

Honestly, with 6 camera lens blurs and 70 rotobrush shots, I'm not sure how much you can do to speed things up. Definitely render to a local drive. Also, export an image sequence so if you do get an error halfway through, you can pick up where you left off.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 13, 2017 at 4:13:02 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Aug 13, 2017 at 4:15:59 am

sometimes rendering precomps is faster. if you layer a key, then a precomp, then another precomp, and another precomp, ae isn't always additive, it sometimes is geometrically slow. if possible, render the camera blurs last.

delete/trim any unused layers
turn off ray-trace
finally, render to tiff image sequence. decide on 16bpc or not.

aw, see! adobe agrees with me.
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Aug 14, 2017 at 8:18:01 pm

Try to render it as an Jpeg Sequence, or PNG sequence, then assemble everything. Still, for your configuration, which is very solid, you shouldn't get this ridiculous render time. Maybe AE doesn't really like one of the video formats you imported into the project

http://bluefx.net

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 14, 2017 at 9:37:43 pm

CAN YOU pre render the backgrounds..pre render anything you can. import and replace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]