ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warping 2d plane into a horn

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Szymon Hałaszuk
Warping 2d plane into a horn
on Aug 10, 2017 at 10:06:51 am

Hi. I want to make a transition between scenes in such a way that the camera travels through a horn made by warping first composition plane and, in result, shows second plane, with another scene. Do You have any ideas how to do it?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Warping 2d plane into a horn
on Aug 10, 2017 at 3:35:50 pm

ive tried it before, but i couldnt get it to look good. you can do this using element 3d and the bend options and/or the animation engine. note that your plane must have the geometry to bend so bump up the subdivision levels...alternatively i believe you might be able to just turn your composition into a 3d one and use the native bending options

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 10, 2017 at 3:38:57 pm

There's no way to exactly do that with the built-in tools in After Effects, but you could probably fake it with some of the distortion effects.

If you wanted to do it for real, you could use the third-party FreeForm or FreeForm Pro plugin to do it.
Or you could create it with Cinema 4D Lite that comes for free with After Effects. For a great training series on using C4D Lite, you can sign up for Cineversity and take this free course: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cinema_4d_lite_reference

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Szymon Hałaszuk
on Aug 10, 2017 at 7:15:23 pm

I will surely check it out. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]