ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering PNG sequence to a network drive crashes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Cam
Rendering PNG sequence to a network drive crashes
on Jul 25, 2017 at 11:32:00 am

Hello,

We work via a network and have recently found a problem when rendering PNG sequences to the network. This used to work fine, the last AE update was in April and i am pretty sure i have successfully rendered PNGS to the network since then so i don't think an AE update has caused the issue. The first error that comes up is:

followed by

and finally it sometimes comes up with the following... (although sometimes its only in the render log. )
After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: Unable to create PNGIO. (5027 :: 12)

I have tried this from 3 machines, i have ruled out any plugins or source assets as i have made a New AE project and comp with nothing in it and i still get the same errors. We use After Effects 2017 and it is up to date.

We have a work around as it works through Media Encoder or we can render straight to our local machines and copy over however i find media encoder slower to render and copying the files is an added process that slows down our workflow so i would like to find a solution.

We used to have a similar issue where we could not render any .mov to our network, this was resolved in an AE update about a year ago.

Cheers in advance,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering PNG sequence to a network drive crashes
on Jul 25, 2017 at 8:12:18 pm

Personally, I'd just render to a local drive and drag the folder onto the network when the render's finished.

There are AE bugs that take a whole lot work to diagnose -- and even then you may not be able to fix them -- concerning PNGs and networks. AE's something of a work in progress. It has been for damn near ten years!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bruce Cam
on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:27:05 am

Cheers Dave.

Yeah in the mean time we are just rendering locally and coping over to the network as a workaround. However it is a step in our workflow i would like to try avoid if possible especially when dealing with very long sequences so i'm hoping (a fools hope) someone may have had the same issue and found a solution.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 26, 2017 at 4:23:16 pm

Of course you'd like to eliminate a step. Who wouldn't?

I think the best you can do is file a bug report with Adobe. You may also want to inquire about this problem on Adobe's After Effects user-to-user forum. Someone may have a solution, but you'll also probably get a recommendation to file a bug report.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 26, 2017 at 6:40:25 pm

[Bruce Cam] " the last AE update was in April"

There was one that came out in June. It fixed some bugs. You might try it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bruce Cam
on Jul 27, 2017 at 10:04:25 am

My mistake... i done a quick google on updates so thought the last update was April. However we definitely have the most up to date version on CC. It could very well be that this June update introduced the problem.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Markus
on Sep 14, 2017 at 1:07:45 am

I'm having this same issue, but it's happening when rendering to local drive. Any other updates on this?

Return to posts index

Bruce Cam
on Sep 14, 2017 at 11:29:57 am

Hi Benjamin. We have not found a solution as yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]