Reverse layer - layers do not snap to whole frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Squadrazzino
Reverse layer - layers do not snap to whole frame
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:16:00 pm
Last Edited By Dennis Squadrazzino on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:19:57 pm

Hi dear community,

i have a precompositon which is 25 fps. It just contains some text layers and two shape layers. I precomposed this layer, duplicated it and reversed the direction of this layer (layer->time-> Time reverse layer.

Now her is my problem: the reversed precomposition does not snap to whole frames. There's always a little "gap", the same which appears when trimming layers, but i did not trim the layer. See here:

11454_precompreversedprecomp.png.zip

There's also a gap at the end of the reversed precomp which is worse as it does not show the animation to the end.

See here:

I really need to solve this soon! Would love to hear some tips!

Mayber this helps: I also can not set the playhead on the last frame of the composition. Just by using a shortcut, but not with the mouse. When the playhead is positioned on the last frame, there is no picture in the preview window!

Best regards,

Dennis

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Reverse layer - layers do not snap to whole frame
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:27:09 pm

This sounds like a frame rate mismatch. Have you double-checked to make sure everything is 25fps, especially the comps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:32:06 pm

Hello Dave,

yes there are just this two compositions-the precom is 25fps and the other comp with the precomps in it is also 25fps.

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:32:59 pm

Here you can see exactly what happens:

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:33:30 pm

Sounds like something that happened to me the other day (in fact, you might have just solved the mystery of how it happened... I did reverse some layers).

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1122056

Are you able to use the bracket/Alt-bracket keys to pull it out to the real frames?

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:36:13 pm

Thanks for your answer Philipp. Unfortunetaly I am on a macbook, so i don't have these brackets. Is there a way to deal with this?

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:42:22 pm

Square brackets, right? [[[ ]]]

Is it a US keyboard layout, or does Apple make a keyboard without bracket keys? You may have to Google that — I'm afraid I don't know.

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
on Jun 19, 2017 at 7:01:52 pm

It's a european keayboard. I guess i have to solve this manually by taking the original comp, making the layers longer and then reverse the keyframes one by one.

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 19, 2017 at 7:34:02 pm

There should be a shortcut to type a bracket no matter what layout your keyboard is — you just need to find it online.

Or, you could try editing your shortcuts file to change the bracket shortcuts to something easier for you to use. (They're very helpful shortcuts).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]