ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lining Up Titles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mason Kaplan
Lining Up Titles
on Jun 18, 2017 at 4:06:08 am

Hello,

I am listing some items for an overlay title and I would like to have all of the items be aligned perfectly.

I made sure all the anchor points were centered within the content (https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/favorite-features-in-cc-versions-of-after-effects-command-for-moving-anchor-point-to-center-of-content/) and I then made all the positions the same coordinates, yet when I play the project back some of the words seem to be jumping around a bit.

See attached:

Any help in getting this aligned perfectly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Travis Littlefield
Re: Lining Up Titles
on Jun 19, 2017 at 2:57:06 pm

When you use the center content command it takes into account the pixels used. The word "respiratory" has used pixels jutting both up (the dot in the letter "i") and down (the "p" and "y") from the main body of the text, but diabetes only has pixels jutting up. Since the amount of pixels in the y axis differs, the center point differs.

If you want to keep all text in the same place, reset the anchor point and position, and instead change the baseline shift to center the text visually. You can then use these same settings for future text objects.

Return to posts index

Mason Kaplan
Re: Lining Up Titles
on Jun 21, 2017 at 12:41:32 am

Thank you for your response. That sounds like it will definitely solve my problem. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]