ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lyric Video Effect Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Varley
Lyric Video Effect Question
on Jun 16, 2017 at 8:01:04 pm

Hello all,

I hope that you are all having a great evening. Today I was watching a recent lyric video from Ed Sheeran and I wanted to get your advice/opinions on how you would go about creating two of the effects I took a liking to. The first effect of which I am talking about is applied to the background, it almost looks as if the tie-dyed background is liquefied although I'm having a slow evening in regards to thinking. The second effect of which I took a liking to is the paint brush strokes which the lyrics lay on, the only way in which I can describe these is that they are trembling, although I am hoping you will expand on this further.

In case you aren't too sure of the video I am speaking of, here is a link so you can get a much greater understanding of what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHr-6Zl5P8

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Lyric Video Effect Question
on Jun 17, 2017 at 6:05:08 pm

link is not working. also, specify the timecode next time so we can know exactly what you are referring to.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Alex Varley
on Jun 17, 2017 at 8:49:34 pm

Hello Roei,

Appreciate you getting back to me so fast, I'm not too sure as to why the link doesn't work although I have provided it once again bellow. In regards to the timecode that's fairly hard to say, because of it being a lyric video the liquefied background lasts for the whole video, and the trembling paint strokes that I also referred to also last throughout the whole video. I hope the link works this time so you can understand exactly what I mean.

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:25:01 pm

The background looks like Turbulent Displace.

Paint strokes — maybe a fast jittery Wiggle on the Scale property and a Roughen Edges with some property wiggled? I don't see the interior texture moving much.

Here's a Mt. Mograph tutorial that combine Turbulent Displace and an expression by Dan Ebberts to achieve something similar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]