ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Which layer includes my plug-in effect ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dongsoo Han
Which layer includes my plug-in effect ?
on Jun 15, 2017 at 8:28:03 am

I create my won plug-in effect as "my_effect". I can add this effect on specific layer and it works well. I can get the layer name. But, I want to know how to get the layer name on which I apply this plug-in effect in plug-in side such as scenario :
- apply my plug-in effect on specific layer.
- Get the layer name on plug-in effect side and know which layer contains this effects.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Which layer includes my plug-in effect ?
on Jun 15, 2017 at 4:51:12 pm

Did you re-name a third-party plugin effect, or did you create your own animation preset and give it a name? It's difficult to know from your description.

If you changed the name or a plugin in a layer, you should know it is VERY BAD practice to do this... because it creates the problem you now face.

You can always use the flow chart view of your composition. You will see names of effects, but I don't know if you will see effects with their new user-given names.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dongsoo Han
on Jun 16, 2017 at 1:47:40 am

I created my own plugin effect using after effects SDK. And I can see that effect on the effect menu and can apply this effect on the layers. That's no problem.

What I want to know is that I would like to know which layer includes my effect in my Project. I can loop all of layers and check the effect name. But in that case, it will take some time. So I am finding more quicker way to search for getting layer name which includes my effect. When I apply this effect on the layer, is it possible to get the layer name in plugin effect side ? If it is possible, I can control to get the information about which layer includes my plugin effect.

Regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 16, 2017 at 2:06:49 am

Are you a Adobe developer?
Or did you save an effect or a combination of effects within After Effects? Which is just saving an effects preset, and NOT a plugin, which requires installation?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dongsoo Han
on Jun 16, 2017 at 5:42:34 am

I am beginner for Adobe develop. Referencing the Effect examples from Adobe After Effects CC Win SDK, I build myEffect.aex file using VS C++. This effect is added on Effect Menu in After Effects and is able to be added on the layer also and can verify that on the Effect Controls pannel

I just find AEGP API such as AEGP_GetLayerName. It seems that I can get the name of the layer which my Effect is applied using this API.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]