ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Trapcode Particular transition
on Jun 15, 2017 at 1:17:07 am

So, I have been trying to do either of 2 things and neither of them seem to be working for me.

I am working on a an effect that makes a person (image) dissolve into particles, and then fly across the screen and re materialize. I've worked out that for this to work, I need to apply the trapcode particular to the image, and use the velocity setting to spread the particles out, maybe play with the gravity and wind a bit, then use another solid with particular and apply that to a stroke to make the particles move across the scene, but that's all I've figured out, and I can't even get that to come out right.

The other thing I am trying to do is make a quick end plate for a friend of mine, which is essentially, his face, that transitions into his partner's face, which transitions to the logo which is both faces combined on top of the name of the company. For this one I have been working with particular and card wipe. What I've been trying to do is I want the first face to break up into particles, and have the camera rotate around within the particles and then pull back to reveal the second face, which repeats the process and pulls out to reveal the end logo. I've got the card wipe in to transition between the images, but I am once again having issue with the particles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Trapcode Particular transition
on Jun 17, 2017 at 10:01:16 am

There might be a better way, but my first instinct here for your re-materialisation bit would be to pre-comp the effect in reverse - that is have your figure dissolve into particles, then time reverse the pre-comp.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]