ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Choppy result after "replace with AE-composition", why?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karl Wirenfelt
Choppy result after "replace with AE-composition", why?
on Jun 13, 2017 at 10:57:34 am

Hi!

I needed to clean up my footage from dirt on the sensor so I replaced the original clip with an after effects composition. When I exported the finished project it was very "un-smooth", choppy or how to express it in english.

My client is waiting for the the export and I don't have a clue what the problem could be. Original clip doesn't get unsmooth when exporting from premiere without making it a AE-composition first. Could it be some presetings that are not matching in Pr and AE?

Really need some serious help guys. Thanks

Karl

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Choppy result after "replace with AE-composition", why?
on Jun 13, 2017 at 2:48:00 pm

Show us some screenshots of Ae and Pr so we can notice the differences. Also try this: render your Ae Comp from Ae and replace with the Ae comp - does it look better? Make sure you Ae composition matches your Premiere sequence too

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Choppy result after "replace with AE-composition", why?
on Jun 14, 2017 at 2:06:51 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 14, 2017 at 5:12:58 pm

You're doing some pretty sophisticated stuff in AE with dirt removal. And if you wanted to use this clip in ANY OTHER EDITING APPLICATION than Premiere Pro, what would you have to do? You'd have to render. Cripes, even AE renders when you want to see a preview within the application.

But now you're using PP, and because you have Dynamic Link, you expect it to do away with the necessity for rendering. C'mon, do you REALLY think that's true? Do you REALLY believe in magic wands?

Or are you ready to bite the bullet, render this AE comp in PP, and witness what will probably be a fine patch job in real time?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]