ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Drawing on a video - how to change the animation speed?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mat
Drawing on a video - how to change the animation speed?
on Jun 11, 2017 at 1:12:25 pm

Hi, i'm new to After Effects - i've just done a simple "drawing" on my video - like this one -

The problem is - the animation is too fast, so i would like to make it slower, or in other words, each frame should last for a couple of frames instead of just one.
How can i do that?

also, how can i copy a draw from one frame into another frame?

thank you!

Return to posts index

John Mat
Re: Drawing on a video - how to change the animation speed?
on Jun 12, 2017 at 7:53:45 am

Can anyone please help me?
I've just used a brush to draw on a video for a single frame each time - but now i want to change it to 2-3 frames instead how do i do it?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 12, 2017 at 4:21:52 pm

this is very basic...but hit u twice and you should see something that lasts 1 frame..try to extend it with your mouse and if there are keyframes they will need to be spaced out to the ends of that layer.

Return to posts index

John Mat
on Jun 14, 2017 at 9:14:16 am

Thank you, Richard. I'm sorry, i'm new to AE and i can't manage to do it.
I'm pressing U but i can't see a place where i can change the frames.
The drawings for all the frames were done, now i need to have each frame changed from 1 frame to 3, is there a way to change it for the entire composition?

Also, how can i copy-paste each frame with the drawing of it?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 14, 2017 at 2:38:03 pm

i dont see any length of time on your brush strokes...and it Should be all the way through the timeline...Although it does start from where you are in the timeline..make sure you are at the beginning and try again.

Return to posts index

John Mat
on Jun 16, 2017 at 11:44:52 am

Thank you, but i can't solve it... This is frustrating, since i drawed like 30 frames and i just need them to last for more than 1 frame and i can't find a way to change it - i'm sure there's a way - help please

Return to posts index

John Mat
on Jun 16, 2017 at 11:45:26 am

Thank you, but i can't solve it... This is frustrating, since i drawed like 30 frames and i just need them to last for more than 1 frame and i can't find a way to change it - i'm sure there's a way - help please

Also - how do i copy and paste after i draw on a specific frame?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 16, 2017 at 4:31:27 pm

[John Mat] "The problem is - the animation is too fast, so i would like to make it slower, or in other words, each frame should last for a couple of frames instead of just one.
How can i do that?"

if you are painting on a video, then it has to be in sync with the video. simply adding more frames to each brush will make it slower, but it won't be in sync with the video anymore...

having said that, if you want to add more frames to a stroke, press PP to reveal your brush strokes and simply stretch and reorder them like ordinary layers.

if you need to make each frame last 3 frames you could also use the time stretch feature for the layer and set it to 300% if you want to triple the time it takes for each stroke:

if it's before you even start drawing, you could set your frames to last a custom number of frames and not just 1 if you set your duration to custom.

you might want to change a tool and use photoshop video timeline for your rotoscoping work. it has onion skin and more advanced features. Ae's paint tool is very limited. here's one artist who works this way: https://vimeo.com/ruffmercy

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

John Mat
on Jun 16, 2017 at 6:30:06 pm

WOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
I've found a solution, to export my composition on a green screen and "strech" to fit my desired speed in Premiere.

My only last question is how can i copy a drwaing from one frame and paste it to the next frame?

i really appriciate your kind help,
thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 16, 2017 at 7:46:52 pm

you can copy the path from brush group to the path in the target brush group.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]