ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to do this effect (picture listed)- To have a layer go infront a layer then behind at the same time, or vice versa. Kind of like a twist.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jadon Porter
How to do this effect (picture listed)- To have a layer go infront a layer then behind at the same time, or vice versa. Kind of like a twist.
on Mar 19, 2017 at 9:21:02 am

These are a few examples of what I am trying to learn how to do. Basically the animated light streaks are tieing itself around the people (layer) going infront then twisting behind them with my guess being the same layer. I see this on other things too. I created an account on creativecow to just ask this question Haha. Thank you all for helping me.

Kind of like the rings in this picture below also. They are behind the word but infront at the same time.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to do this effect (picture listed)- To have a layer go infront a layer then behind at the same time, or vice versa. Kind of like a twist.
on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:06:24 pm

You can do this in 2D! No kidding -- people have done this for years... well, it's actually for decades now. You simply have to split the layer at the right point, then move it above the layer it was once below.

Easy as pie. Piece of cake. Choose your favorite dessert.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jadon Porter
Re: How to do this effect (picture listed)- To have a layer go infront a layer then behind at the same time, or vice versa. Kind of like a twist.
on Mar 20, 2017 at 3:26:12 am

Thank you sir i appreciate your response alot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]