ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mettle's Cinematic 360 VR Tools for After Effects & Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bobotis
Mettle's Cinematic 360 VR Tools for After Effects & Premiere Pro
on Mar 14, 2017 at 11:33:27 am

Hi all,

Been a while. We have been very busy in the past year and half putting together a comprehensive package of tools for Cinematic 360 VR content creation in Adobe After effects and Premiere Pro. Here is a great review of our SkyBox Suite. Including the latest offering, SkyBox 360 VR Transitions 2 for Premiere Pro; Chroma Leaks, Light Leaks, Light Rays and Spherical Blur. All 360 aware and all blazingly fast.
http://www.studiodaily.com/2017/03/qa-mettle-co-founder-chris-bobotis-on-36...

More to come... stay tuned.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Mettle's Cinematic 360 VR Tools for After Effects & Premiere Pro
on Mar 14, 2017 at 2:35:53 pm

First off, have to say great job on the Skybox Studio V2, composer is great for just jumping into a project and going right away. Very easy to use. Look forward to checking out the new plugins.

Not sure this is the right place, but a suggestion. I found myself having replace some billboards shot in 360 recently and while it's doable with Skybox composer, I found it easier to use Converter and output to a 4:3 cube map. Using corner pin + the flattened views made everything a little more accurate. While using Composer, I tried stepping into the various precomps to get to the flat 4:3 cube map (combine), but that doesn't work only shows the active camera.

If it's possible to add that functionality to Composer great, if not i did figure out the workflow of using Converter, corner/pin, precomp, Convert back to equirectangular.

Either way, another great product, thanks a lot!

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
Re: Mettle's Cinematic 360 VR Tools for After Effects & Premiere Pro
on Mar 14, 2017 at 4:33:23 pm

Thanks for the kind words ☺

I think you nailed it... SkyBox Studio offers up so many different ways to resolve different tasks in Cinematic 360 production.

SkyBox Converter & SkyBox Extractor were part of the original SkyBox Studio V1 and I think that Extractor is still very powerful. Good thing is you have choices... depending on what you need to do you can choose Composer or the other offerings that ship with SkyBox Studio V2.

There are plenty of tutorials on our site on V 1 & V2 but if you are still hitting a wall then reach out to me directly and I can give you a walk through via Skype.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]