ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it impossible to scale or move rigged characters and (a) maintain resolution or (b) not break them?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
Is it impossible to scale or move rigged characters and (a) maintain resolution or (b) not break them?
on Mar 12, 2017 at 11:58:27 pm
Last Edited By Xavier Bonet on Mar 13, 2017 at 12:34:33 am

It seems as if with AE and the puppet tool one can't really win... I don't know if it's me or the software, at this point; but I've tried everything I can think of and... nothing. If I import characters from AI and leave them as AI-linked layers, then rig them using DUIK, in the end I've a rigged character I can then move as I please, of course, and scale with a central Null BUT as I scale it, it loses resolution. So common sense tells me I must convert the AI layers to shapes, re-rig and, voilĂ , everything will be solved. Alas, when I do this and try to move or scale my character via a central Null, the puppet starts to break and become all weird, as if the individual layers were being moved or scaled "below" the puppet mesh, thus breaking it. So, it seems, Adobe has left me between a rock and a hard place... Or is there a way out of this?? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Is it impossible to scale or move rigged characters and (a) maintain resolution or (b) not break them?
on Mar 13, 2017 at 8:12:08 pm

If you want to scale just do this. Precompose every part while leaving attributes. Now lets say double the resolution of the precomp, scale the ai layer to 200% and check collapse. Go back to the rigged layer and reduce scale by 50%. The rig will stay in place, puppet won't break apart and you can now scale up to 200% with no quality loss. keep repeating as needed.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]