ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how much should i charge for a 15 min info graphic?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Rickards
how much should i charge for a 15 min info graphic?
on Mar 10, 2017 at 7:54:46 pm

how much should i charge for a 15 min info graphic? i have never done a 15 minute info graphic seems long to me. i did a 2 minute but 15 minutes!!!! just curious how long it would take you guys to make a 15 minute info graphic.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: how much should i charge for a 15 min info graphic?
on Mar 10, 2017 at 9:14:46 pm

That's hard to say.
An infographic could be dead simple, with static images animated moving in 2D.
On the other hand, each big point in the infographic could be introduces by animated dancing girls drawing a curtain to reveal the information behind it.

One's considerably more time-consuming than the other.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 11, 2017 at 4:19:46 am

As Dave says, it will vary hugely based on the complexity of the production. 15 minutes is hugely long for an informational piece, unless the content demands the length (maybe it's a teaching piece?). I once fought with a client who wanted to do a three minute piece for a trade show, because you've only got a matter of seconds to a minute to grab someone's attention with your presentation.

That said, what I do with every production I do that's all motion graphics is create a spreadsheet on which I have every shot in the piece listed. This gives me the chance, based on my experience, to figure out just how long it will take me to create each shot. It usually gets me 80 to 90 percent accuratcy, which is close enough for billing. I often add a contingency amount (maybe 5 or 10 percent of the total quote) based on the changes which I know will come when the client sees the piece.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

David Rickards
on Mar 11, 2017 at 4:21:50 am

thanks for sharing Joseph!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 11, 2017 at 4:29:31 am

You're quite welcome. Of course, my method lives or dies by my having a pretty tight concept (if not a script, at least a shot list) to build my spreadsheet from. The cost parameters widen as the concept becomes looser. I've often started out with a $1200. to $5000. spread; when the client freaks out, I simply tell them that the more information they give me, the tighter the quote. That always motivates them...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]