ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to trace, delineate buttons with movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Lan
How to trace, delineate buttons with movement
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:58:36 am

Hello, good morning.

I wonder how can I do this in AE, I mean from minute 0:42 of this video, i mean how to "wrap" to "delineate" or to "TRACE" the buttons in order to undrline which button must be pressed.

Also the mouse click red light, how can I achieve that please?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to trace, delineate buttons with movement
on Mar 9, 2017 at 3:25:55 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 9, 2017 at 6:18:03 pm

Easy!
  • Create a comp-sized solid over the layer with the button. Reduce opacity to about 50% so you can see the layer below it.
  • Using the button as a guide, make a mask. The first mask vertex you make determines the start point of the animation. Subsequent vertices determine the direction of the animation.
  • Make the solid's opacity 100% again, and apply the Stroke effect. In the Effect Controls panel, select the mask in the effect's dropdown, and animate the End ing value from 0 to 100%.

I don't know if Stroke eliminates the first brush mark at a keyframe Ending value of zero. If it doesn't, trim the solid's in point to the time in the comp where you want the animation to begin; you have the effect's keyframes to use as a guide for the in point.
It even looks like the tutorial maker used After Effects to make the effect. They just tweaked a couple of effect parameters.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Susan Lan
Re: How to trace, delineate buttons with movement
on Mar 10, 2017 at 5:30:59 am

Thank you very much Dave!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]