ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erik heffelfinger
After Effects
on Mar 9, 2017 at 6:17:58 am

I'm trying to make a video in AfterEffects. The bottom there needs to be a margin. Is it possible to export the video with the margin being the white and gray square grid instead of it automatically turn white or black. I want this render to be the final render. I know how to do it so that when its brought into AfterEffects the background is gone, but I need the background to be gone on the QuickTime/AVI when viewing it on any video player, not just when editing in AfterEffects.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: After Effects
on Mar 9, 2017 at 2:05:13 pm

So do you want the actual transparency grid in your final video or do you want to have a transparent alpha channel? If the first, just create a grid as a layer and export. If the second, you need to use a codec that supports an alpha channel like Quicktime Animation. Keep in mind that this creates a very large file and most non-professionals may not have the codec to play it back correctly.

May I ask why you need this in a final deliverable? It's pretty uncommon.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects
on Mar 9, 2017 at 7:22:14 pm

Please describe how this AE render is going to be used. A media viewer is one thing. Another application is quite a different thing altogether. And I don't understand why looking good in a media viewer is such a big deal.

If you have any delivery specifications for the rendered file, please include them too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]