ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC page turn for multiple pages

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
CC page turn for multiple pages
on Mar 8, 2017 at 3:24:17 pm

So, I have spent a majority of the last 2 days or so trying to put together a story book for a kid's show I'm working on. After many many attemps I figure out that you need to revers the backside of pages in Photoshop, and managed to get it looking good for a page turn or two.

The problem now is that I need it for more than 1 or two flips, as my book is 64 pages long. after a certain point it appears the pages flip into the spine, instead of on top of each other like a book should...

Any help or pointing in the right direction of a helpful tutorial would be awesome. I've put this project off for a year or two as I thought it was going to be easier than it turned out to be. Thanks in advance for any help. Also if it helps I'm running AE CC 2014

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: CC page turn for multiple pages
on Mar 8, 2017 at 3:45:59 pm

Could you please explain in a bit more detail? Screenshots might help. From the sound of things, you just need to offset the layers positions.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Mar 8, 2017 at 3:59:48 pm

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately the file I had last night somehow was corrupted so I'm not able to show you what I did exactly. But, I put all the pages in order (each page on it's own layer, Page one on the left, page two on the right page three on the left page 4 on the right, ect.) and then I added the page turn on page two, set the render to back page, placed a reversed copy of page 3 for it, so when it flipped it showed pages three and four, great. Then I added page turn to page 4, and set the back page to 5, but when it did it's thing, it flipped the page under the first two and did not display the new pages.

I'm assuming, my main issue is that I don't have the pages layed out right. How would you suggest I set up my layers?

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:00:07 pm

What did you mean by off setting layers?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Mar 9, 2017 at 2:26:25 pm

Offset them in z space so they look like they are stacking on top of each other.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]