ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Protecting software from loss damage (CS 6)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Protecting software from loss damage (CS 6)
on Mar 5, 2017 at 8:29:26 am

Hi chaps, I have all my software boxes to upgrade from CS4 (my original FULL version purchase) to CS6 (I will not be going down the Creative Cloud route, not enough freelance Work to warrant the expense) ... my iMac has been displaying signs of age recently so I was thinking that if some work came up in the future and I had had to buy a new desktop can I be sure that all the software can be reloaded and work OK ... also I have a 'time-machine' back up running constantly, maybe I should put the current back-up in storage so I know I have a current un-damaged version and stick a new drive on.

Sorry this is becoming very long winded ... I am moving house and am worried that I might lose software or my iMac might get damaged .... I'm probably being over-cautious but need some reassurance please.

I guess the question is can I make a reliable usable back-up of my CS6 please ?

Many thanks Roger

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
Re: Protecting software from loss damage (CS 6)
on Mar 5, 2017 at 10:07:52 am

Excellent I didn't realise you could re- download CS6 - (I must admit I didn't find the download page just a long list of all my software ... some go back to 2006 ... doesn't time fly) !

Thanks for you help.

Roger

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 5, 2017 at 8:13:37 pm

I always recommend that people make a clone & backup clone of their system drives before making any major software changes.

For example, I have two clones of my home machine's system drive standing by.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Mar 6, 2017 at 7:19:30 am

Another good idea ... thanks Dave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]