ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to do that effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawid Kacprzak
How to do that effect?
on Mar 2, 2017 at 11:44:47 am

Hi all ☺ This is my first post.
I just start to using this application. I do a intro for my cat series movies to youtube. I did some effect and than export first version of intro, than my computer crashed and ot now I dont know haw I do that effect... Didnt save it... I did four squares, than I put on them four movies windows. How to do that animated blur windows-squares, like on the begining in this movie below? Probably i used some automatic animation, but this stands at now, dont moves.

http://pl.tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=bpRy0IYlPgMu4U1%2FvnjYnIh4l5k2TGxc#....

Thanks for all answers.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: How to do that effect?
on Mar 3, 2017 at 1:33:52 am

Hi Dawid. There are several ways to do it - none automatic in After Effects that I know of.
One way: make a black solid then draw four square masks where you want them. Put your videos above your background layers then scale, position and mask them so they sit over your black squares.
If you don't understand this then you should really start with the very basics. These tutorials are very old but they are quick and give you the baby basics:
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
These will easily give you enough to understand the instructions above.
Then you could go on to the Andrew Devis basics tutorials here at Creative Cow -which are great and go into some depth.

Return to posts index

Dawid Kacprzak
on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:27:00 pm

You must know - I did This movie, that you show in my link... But this efect disappeared. I dont know how I did this, I was using the random effects or animation. In shape layers I have that effects at now - Fractal Noise, Tritone, Dust and Scratches, and Fast Blur... I remember that Fast Blur - Bluriness index jumped, he moves to the right and to the left when movie was played, but I didn"t do time-vary, and merges... It was automaticly. I think I use some animation and it started. After rendering this animation disappeared. Dont know exactly when. I can"t restore it... Are exist that effect which moves indicators other effects?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 3, 2017 at 5:38:08 pm

Check your autosave folder for a previous project file. You may find the missing effects in one of them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]