import motion track data from Cinema 4d

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Paul
import motion track data from Cinema 4d
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:05:06 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Paul on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:06:11 pm

Goal:

place image on top of a rendered Cinema 4d model of a computer.

What I have done so far:

I've created a 3d model of a computer and rendered it. I would like to try different images on top of that computer screen. I used Motion Track and tracked down the position of screen during animation. Using Motion Track is really time intensive and I am looking for alternative approach to place image on screen. I have full control over 3d model so I am wondering if it is possible to somehow import Motion Track data of the 3d models screen into after effects from Cinema 4D. I would like to avoid placing texture on screen in cinema 4d.

Perhaps better paraphrased, what is the recommended workflow for placing images on top of rendered 3d models.

thanks, Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: import motion track data from Cinema 4d
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:30:30 pm

It's a computer screen, a planar object. You might consider giving Mocha a shot. It wouldn't hurt to export a test clip and seeing how Mocha works in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: import motion track data from Cinema 4d
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:47:07 pm

[Jeremy Paul] "Perhaps better paraphrased, what is the recommended workflow for placing images on top of rendered 3d models. "

Add an External Compositing tag to the screen object in C4D. Import the C4D file into Ae, then in the CINEWARE effect in the Effects Control Panel, look under Commands > Cinema 4D Scene Data and click the "Extract" button. This will pull in any the camera and object position information.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]