ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mask Beyond Border of Mask Lines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Coco Foley
Mask Beyond Border of Mask Lines
on Feb 28, 2017 at 11:37:47 pm

Hey friends,

I am having an issue with an animate mask where the mask is somehow showing up beyond the border of the mask lines. Mask feathering is at zero... What am I missing here?

Greatly appreciate your help as always,

Coco

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mask Beyond Border of Mask Lines
on Feb 28, 2017 at 11:52:49 pm

I see the vertex point of another mask in that grab. What happens if you get rid of the light-blue color coded mask on that layer?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Coco Foley
on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:16:37 am

Hey dave,

No other masks on the layer... the blue is just the corners you would grab to scale the mask. Heres a more zoomed out pic.

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:18:41 pm

I see that you have a "Shirt Mask" layer and a "Shirt Mask 2" layer... Discrepancy between those, maybe?

Return to posts index

Coco Foley
on Mar 1, 2017 at 3:03:53 pm

Hi Ken,

I don't think that's it either. The "shirt mask 2" layer doesn't come in until later in the timeline. I think it has something to do with the clone stamp tool that I am using to remove some mark's on the man's shirt. I am choosing a freeze frame, erasing the marks with the clone stamp, then masking the layer, motion tracking his shirt, and animating the still mask to move with the garment. I've used this method before with this project but something is different here. Can't quite get to the bottom of it!

Thanks for the suggestions,

Coco

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:27:54 pm

Wow. You seem to get burdened with really lousy green screen footage. That's awful.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Coco Foley
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:41:11 pm

Haha it's the same job! trust me, I'm nearly at my wit's end ☺ This problem has actually happened to me before this project though... the offset in the mask happening. I hope can can figure it out at some point. Must just be some small thing I'm not thinking of

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Mar 1, 2017 at 8:26:54 pm

It's masking over the clone stamp that's tripping you up. After you have done the clone stamp, pre-compose the layer and add the mask to the pre-comp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]