ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Easy way to make a comic book effect video?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
Easy way to make a comic book effect video?!
on Feb 26, 2017 at 7:06:10 pm

Hello, first I`d like to think I`m quite good with Photoshop and on a basic level with After Effects, meaning that I know how to use puppet warp, how to get rid of a green screen and all the basic stuff.

I just took around 50 pictures in front of a green screen and I`d like to make a comic book video without too many effects, just the basic color correction and photo compositing to add the different backgrounds. I will have to use photo compositing in PS to get what I want in my scenes. I would also like SOME, not all of the scenes to be 2.5D [parallax effect]. The theme is an 80s music video.

Before I commit to this probably long term project is there any shortcuts/easier methods I should be aware of so I dont waste time?

Also are you guys aware of any comic book 2.5D or 2D animation tutorial out there that uses real life pictures rather than cartoon characters that I could watch just to get some guidelines?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
Re: Easy way to make a comic book effect video?!
on Feb 27, 2017 at 3:15:41 pm

BUMP

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 27, 2017 at 3:54:04 pm

[Adrian Chircu] "I just took around 50 pictures in front of a green screen and I`d like to make a comic book video without too many effects, just the basic color correction and photo compositing to add the different backgrounds."

Do things inside these pictures MOVE? Do they have fancy fames around them? If not, just use Photoshop cut separate them from the background.

Have you ever used 3D in After Effects before?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Feb 27, 2017 at 5:09:24 pm

Some scenes might require particles [rain, dust, smoke, etc] but I reckon its not that hard to do because it wont require tracking since they`re stills.

I`m thinking about having a lot of camera moving [panning in and out then moving left or right, etc] so it doesnt get boring.

No, I have never used 3D in AE before, like Cinema4D or something like that, though I don`t think this might be necessary as I don`t want to achieve a 3D look but rather a 2.5D or 2D look, thats why so many stills so I can change point of view often since its an action music video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]