ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ruler issue, timeline and full length project missing after bounce

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Collins
Ruler issue, timeline and full length project missing after bounce
on Feb 23, 2017 at 1:18:17 am

Hi guys,

So i usually use FCP and i use AAE just now to utilise some of the effects. My problem is this and I will try an explain it as best i can. I create a project and in the composition settings i will define the full length of the project, eg the length of my DJ music mix. In this case it is 1hr 7min.

I drop in the mix, and create solids/audio spectrum effects to play over the video (music mix). When i render and bounce the project the final result is 59mins.. and it cuts off and i dont know why. When I look at the project i can see its 1hr 7min in the composition settings, but when i look at the 'regions' and the ruler i see that the very end of the video clips and solids are out of the screen (edge of screen) and i cant drag the ruler to match the clips.

Ill use FCP as an example here i just set the area that needs to be rendered and easy but obviously you do things differently in AAE but ive no idea how to. If anyone knows what i am talking about here i would appreciate the advice, Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ruler issue, timeline and full length project missing after bounce
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:11:26 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 23, 2017 at 6:18:36 pm

Oh, my.

Assuming you're familiar with the way AE works -- and going by your description-- I'd just adjust the comp length in the comp settings. Make it a bit longer than it should be. Then just find the end of the audio and make it the end of the Work Area. Everything should render out.

I also would NOT use mp3 files. They occasionally make AE go buggy. Convert them to wav or aiff files.

An hour and seven minutes? REALLY?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Collins
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:50:39 pm

Yeah well, yeah mix can vary but 1hr usually in total. im just unsure of how to fix this problem

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 24, 2017 at 3:52:04 pm

[Shane Collins] "im just unsure of how to fix this problem"

You can start by using the two recommendations above. No matter what you do, you need to report back with more information if it doesn't work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]