ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects CS6 OPENGL = Anti NVIDIA GTX 980ti?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Tyra
Adobe After Effects CS6 OPENGL = Anti NVIDIA GTX 980ti?
on Feb 23, 2017 at 1:15:37 am

Will note that the NVIDIA GTX 980TI isn't supported but not too sure if the txt file will make things worse or for the better of anything

"an error occurred when processing opengl commands" Only renders about 1 minute and 20 seconds then begins this message, Optical Flares by Boris Continuum and some Lightning effects are added to this project

Some BC Optical Flares are being used before a major multiplier of a new flare creation on the same layer so that could be something but who knows

Specs are:

ntel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard
ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
GPU
EVGA NVIDIA GTX GEFORCE GTX 980TI
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Storage
MX100 256 GB CRUCIAL SSD (OS)
MX100 128GB CRUCIAL SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
PSU
Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Display(s)
Samsung S27C230B 27.0" AOC E2425SWD 24.0" 60Hz
Cooling
Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Keyboard
AZIO MGK1 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse
Redragon Perdition Wired Laser Mouse
Sound
Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM 64-bit

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
Re: Adobe After Effects CS6 OPENGL = Anti NVIDIA GTX 980ti?
on Feb 23, 2017 at 2:15:48 am

So I did another change to the preferences this time 'hardware acceleration" is off and i'm almost at 2 minutes with the total length of the video being 4:09, improvement I guess but still extremely slow

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 3:51:16 am

Now it's saying I can't allocate memory after 2:57 minutes of total capable rendered footage, seriously why..

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:58:40 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:02:05 am

Um, have you ever used After Effects before?
Or are you working off the thought, "Hey, I'm a hardcore gamer! How tough can this After Effects really be?"

Just curious.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:35:33 am

Not my intention in thought really or not even at all my mindset when using AE

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:37:07 am

And yes I have used this program before for multiply different types of projects.

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:40:22 am

I will be honest though, not exactly the "Best" when it comes to understanding the preferences meeting to the needs of the workstation

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:44:33 am

Will now note though each time it reaches the "Memory cache cannot continue and finish render" error and finishes I have a weird green bar opacitied to somewhere near the end of where ever it decided to stop render.

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 11:19:28 am

RAM reserved for other applications option in the memory & multiprocessing option was at 5, I can only go down to 3GB, not sure if that's possible an issue as I usual will only ever have chrome playing youtube while render, I think I have a good enough computer honestly to have some type of adjustment/fix to whatever this error is

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 11:33:08 am

And one more unintentionally bump/spam of a post, this time the significant Memory increase in Task Manager

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 11:35:32 am

http://i67.tinypic.com/156pd1j.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/vxyz5u.png

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:23:03 pm

there's a bunch of potential compatibility issues running older software... from plugin versions, to os version, to driver versions... it can be little hard to troubleshoot. if your cs6 and windows 7 are up-to-date, I think those are probably ok together, so you might just be fighting a plugin and/or driver/opengl version issue

some third party plugins that use OpenGL acceleration often have a setting within the plugin to disable it... so you might look for that option in your flare plugin, or any other plugins that you think are using OpenGL.

you might also try disabling 'render multiple frames simultaneously' in the multiprocessing prefs and see if that gets you thru the render. it will render slower, but might be faster than trying more settings.

if you want to keep tinkering with settings, search around for after effects cs6 multiprocessing recommended settings... i believe the basic recipe was to reserve the number of physical cores (in your case 4) and about 40% of your ram for 'other processes'.

also increasing the amount of ram for each core, even if it sacrifices the number of cores that will be used, often helps with some rendering.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:56:04 pm

Even if the obvious GPU Ray trancing isnt being detected, will increase CPU Texture memory help? Because i'm able to slider those numbers for some reason, also what specific tabs in AE should I be looking for RAM adjustments.

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 6:06:04 pm

Ok, found something interesting, in the effect controls tab there is "Enable GPU" for the effect packs preference settings, should this go off?

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 6:12:44 pm

Ok nevermind, that does nothing really, where specifically do I disable OpenGL for Boris Continumm in AE6?

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 6:25:56 pm

Now the message won't stop popping up at all, even going back to when the video did finish out with the simultaneous frame error.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2017 at 8:04:42 pm

you might want to reset your prefs. quit ae and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift while restarting ae to reset them.

i would see if the helps before tinkering with any other settings.

also before changing any multiprocessing/memory settings, you should search for the recommended settings i mentioned earlier.

as for your graphics card not being recognized by cs6 as raytracing capable, that is likely due to your card being newer than cs6. if you search around you'll find the hack to add your card to the 'list' of capable cards.

any GPU acceleration options should found in the GPU capable effect's settings. usually a check box option labeled something like 'Use GPU Acceleration', often near the bottom of the effects settings. you might try searching the plugin's site or web for your specific effects.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:08:03 pm

Will the hack show any graphical improvement of any kind?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:39:10 pm

the hack will only allow the ray-trace renderer to use the cuda cores on your graphics card when rendering certain aspect of 3d rendering... if you were to click on comp settings, click 'advanced' and then set the render to ray-traced 3d it should then use the cuda cores to render 3d faster.

i don't think it's going to help with your issue, it was in response to your GPU not being detected by the raytrace render option.

since this may be a plugin compatibility issue, have you checked that Windows, CS6 and your plugin versions are all as up-to-date as they can be? (boris may have a more updated version for other versions of ae, but make sure that the plugin versions you have are the latest for cs6)

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Matthew Tyra
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:43:30 pm

Fixed the issue, Purging seem's to always help tha majority of the time via a bit of a deeper search, Image Cache for Purging seem's to help whatever the main cause is, perfect comp video render in under 4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]