ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any ideas how I can achieve this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kruul
Any ideas how I can achieve this effect?
on Feb 22, 2017 at 8:33:23 pm

My client wants me to create a text background for a news-esque program that is somewhat akin to this image:

Any ideas on how I might? I have access to Trapcode if that helps. I'm asking specifically about how I would create and then animate the diagonal light bars and the light checkerboard.

Any help would be tremendous - creating abstract backgrounds is not my strongest suit.

----
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Any ideas how I can achieve this effect?
on Feb 22, 2017 at 8:43:36 pm

There is a Grid effect in AE that you could apply to solids or shape layers to get that grid look. Then it would just be a matter of adding some minor blur effects on a couple of duplicates with low opacity and use the screen or add blending mode on top of a blue gradient.

The "light bars" are pretty much just basic shapes with gradients. You could create them a myriad of ways. You could make them by just painting in Photoshop, using four point gradients in AE and scaling layers weirdly, playing with Fractal Noise in AE with crazy scale levels, etc.
This old-school tutorial [link] might point you in one interesting direction.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Martin Kruul
on Feb 22, 2017 at 8:48:53 pm

Thank you for the tips, Szalam!

----
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

Return to posts index

Aiden Wheat
on Feb 22, 2017 at 9:49:03 pm

Firstly, this tutorial will easily assist you creating a light checkerboard background 'https://youtu.be/qVxcc31Whv8I' , next, I would create the diagonal light bars in either Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, when you export them from either illustrator or Photoshop, you could utilise blending modes for the effects of the diagonal bars. Finally, I would utilise Video Copilot's Optical Flares 3rd party plugin for light blue flares.

Return to posts index

Douglas Greenway
on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:10:25 pm

I found that helpful, Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]