ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

assistance figuring out how to repeat a layer of bubbles or get a longer video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Dowden
assistance figuring out how to repeat a layer of bubbles or get a longer video
on Feb 21, 2017 at 6:50:56 am

I got a green screen video with about 20 seconds of bubble time and i had to keep duplicating and the effect looks off when the first one ends and the new one begins over and over throughout my comp. what the hell is going on? how can i

1.) find a longer video of bubbles (can't find anywhere)
2.) put the smaller duplicates together more seamlessly?
3.) is there something i'm missing within after effects?

here's the link of my unlisted video i made using the green screen bubbles i imported

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: assistance figuring out how to repeat a layer of bubbles or get a longer video
on Feb 21, 2017 at 7:44:07 am

It looks like you need a simple bubble effect in AE that can last for the full length of your clip:

There are more complex and realistic ways of creating bubbles in AE but the above should do the trick for you

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Steven Dowden
Re: assistance figuring out how to repeat a layer of bubbles or get a longer video
on Feb 21, 2017 at 8:13:56 am

I appreciate your reply.

I have already seen that video tonight and I didn't want the effect it had. That was foam which came out pretty fast and I wasn't able to control the speed how I wanted. I tried using the built in bubble effect under effects > simulation > cc bubbles and was able to control the effect much better but the issue I am having now is ---------> I can't figure how how to make them look more like the bubbles in the first video I posted as far as transparency, without the black hue, and kind of that shiny look to them. <----------

So to recap I'm not worried about looping over and over now (unless that's easy to do) with the old bubbles but creating them and now I need help figuring out what's in the arrows above.

Here is the new bubble video:

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 21, 2017 at 5:00:20 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 21, 2017 at 10:29:44 pm

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this clip loop? Just pick the number of loops you want in the Interpret footage settings. You should be able to make it as long as you want.

And while you're at it in the Interpret Footage settings, make sure the footage's frame rate matches the frame rate of your comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 22, 2017 at 7:39:43 am

If the bubbles made with the method in the tutorial I sent you are too fast, just precompose and then Time Remap. This will slow down the movement.
As far as the look goes, you need to play with various transfer modes and try even using two instances of the same bubbles layer with different transfer modes.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]