ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to stop warp stabilizer but keep the framing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jensen yancey
Is there a way to stop warp stabilizer but keep the framing?
on Feb 15, 2017 at 4:03:38 pm

I would have thought this problem would come up more often, but I'm having a hell of a time googling a fix. I have a clip that needs stabilization, and warp stabilizer is working perfectly on the problem part of the clip, the issue is there's another section where it just goes crazy. Is there a way to stop after effects (or premiere, if that's easier) from trying to stabilize certain parts of the clip while maintaining the cropping and rotation that it applies to the parts I want stabilized?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Is there a way to stop warp stabilizer but keep the framing?
on Feb 15, 2017 at 6:37:33 pm

[jensen yancey] "Is there a way to stop after effects (or premiere, if that's easier) from trying to stabilize certain parts of the clip while maintaining the cropping and rotation that it applies to the parts I want stabilized?"

AE stabilizes the ENTIRE clip, regardless of in & out points. If you want to stabilize just a portion, you need to import a clip with just that portion.

So to answer the question directly, no. Not in AE.
PP may be a different story, but I don't know that for a fact.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jensen yancey
on Feb 16, 2017 at 10:36:30 pm

Well, I guess a better way to ask it is, is there a way to either:

A. easily match up the framing and rotation of a non-warp stabilized clip so there's no visible transition.

B. Tell warp stabilizer to ignore the sections that are causing it to have a seizure.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2017 at 10:49:52 pm

Sorry again. The answer to both A and B is "no".

A: Remember, it's a WARP Stabilizer. It fills in missing parts of the image by using something like the Mesh Warp effect... and the amount of warp & where it's applied varies throughout the clip.

B: You'd have to import the "don't freak out" clips separately from the "stabilize this" clips. If they're all contained withing one large clip, you'd have to cut it up into pieces and export them separately for import into AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]