ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render time is 700 hours. How do I get this down?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Stewart
Render time is 700 hours. How do I get this down?
on Feb 15, 2017 at 10:13:45 am

Would somebody be able to take a look at my project file and tell me how to get the render time down?

It is a camera flying through several walls of videos and then the camera gets to the end and there is a logo.

Here is a download link:

https://we.tl/KD90aqU3Is

For the render I am adding sound by dynamic linking the project into Premiere and then exporting it into Encoder. I am using CC.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Render time is 700 hours. How do I get this down?
on Feb 15, 2017 at 10:15:47 am

[Jack Stewart] "For the render I am adding sound by dynamic linking the project into Premiere and then exporting it into Encoder."

What if you render your comp out with AE only and bring that to Premiere?

Return to posts index

Jack Stewart
on Feb 15, 2017 at 10:20:25 am

Is that going to be quicker than doing the dynamic link?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 15, 2017 at 11:54:16 am

From my experience- yes, much faster.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jack Stewart
on Feb 15, 2017 at 2:28:16 pm

Ok, thanks that is helpful. I have exported it out without audio from aftereffects and plan to add the audio in after it exports.

One thing I have done is removed the Ray Traced 3D settings on all the comps. The project is 1:30 in length and I have about a 100 compositions where I was using Ray Traced 3D because I created lots of 3D blocks. Anyway, I have managed to get it down from a 700 hour render to a 10 hour render by doing this so it should be alright now.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:16:19 pm

The ray traced 3D engine is INSANELY GPU hungry. If you have a supported Nvidia GPU it'll be pretty quick but if you don't then all the computation will be done on the CPU and it will be slow.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:17:01 pm

ya i was going to say get rid of ray trace...For such a useful 3d aspect to after effects they really messed up on this one..even with only 1 layer in ray trace takes forever..do you have element? .also you might want to re think your lighting..intensity of 52,000...its hard to fathom.have you seen the faux 3d expression..i dont know it by heart sorry..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]