Creating Downsample Interfernces

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Böcker
Creating Downsample Interfernces
on Feb 11, 2017 at 4:04:16 pm
Last Edited By Mike Böcker on Feb 12, 2017 at 10:37:10 am

Hello every1 I'm new here ☺

I've a queastion how to achieve a certain effect. When I set the downsample in AE to Quarter, I got these interfernce pattern. That you can see in the picture. But when I use the full or half resolution the effect disappears. Is there a way to achieve this look in full res?

edit: Sorry I explained something wrong. The effect has nothing to do with the downsample factor "Full" "Half" "Quarter" etc. It appears when I use the zoom function, 25%, 50%. I want to animate this interference pattern like in the beginning scene of The Matrix. Maybe I can use a hi-res images and make screenshots frame by frame but that's alot of work and maybe there is a better solution.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

Sincerely Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creating Downsample Interfernces
on Feb 13, 2017 at 3:19:06 pm

The effect you are seeing is called moiré. Now, it may be tricky to search for how to create that because most people are trying to get rid of it! However, if you do a Google search for moiré patterns, you may find some stuff.

Be aware that, depending on how this is being played back, it might not look right.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mike Böcker
Re: Creating Downsample Interfernces
on Feb 13, 2017 at 6:07:20 pm

Thank you for your help. I've googled moiré and recreated the effect in AE 😃 I used 2 layers of CC Ball Action and Universe Fish Eye Distortin. When I move one of those layers or play around with the Fish Eye Distortion I get exactly this effect 😃 Thank you very much this looks really awesome with a old tv look :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]