ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Relink missing footage feature doesn't auto find everything in the folder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Lawheed
Relink missing footage feature doesn't auto find everything in the folder
on Feb 9, 2017 at 10:46:43 pm

Hello all,

I'm on a mac V10.10.5 on the latest version of AE: V14.1.0.57. I've pulled a coworkers project from their computer onto mine and opened it up to take a look at the project. The relinking feature is not auto relinking... and there are 471 files. All of the files are the same original name and in the same folder structure. It will auto link a few, but not all in the folder and I've had to go in and manually relink each one. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Relink missing footage feature doesn't auto find everything in the folder
on Feb 9, 2017 at 10:59:45 pm

what kind of files are these? I happen to ran across a problem with Jpegs. does this happen in previous versions as well? can you try to recreate this problem to see when exactly does it break and share the steps?

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jessica Lawheed
on Feb 9, 2017 at 11:15:53 pm

Yes most of the files that don't re-link are jpegs. Some are Pngs. I've never encountered the problem in previous versions, but I also can't say how often I had to relink Jpegs.

I will try to scrub it and re-open to see exactly which jpegs it takes and which it doesn't; if I can discern the difference between the jpegs- they're all pretty similar.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Feb 10, 2017 at 3:39:48 pm

see if this thread can help you establish this is indeed a bug : https://forums.adobe.com/message/9242343

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]