ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What if I have 144 Comps in my Project Panel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge Granados
What if I have 144 Comps in my Project Panel
on Jan 26, 2017 at 7:17:42 pm

I have 144 comps with 9 solids (1920x1080) in a grid with a duration of 2 seconds each one.

These are 144 different transitions that I want to use as stock. So in my final composition, I'll be using only 7 of those 144.

I'm having doubt whether those 144 comps slows down the computer just for having them in the project panel or not.

Your answers will be appreciated and thanks for your time and attention in advance. :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: What if I have 144 Comps in my Project Panel
on Jan 26, 2017 at 7:23:45 pm

They won't slow down your machine, but if these comps don't require additional footage, why not just render them out?

I don't see much advantage in keeping them in each and every project you may work on just to select seven of them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jorge Granados
Re: What if I have 144 Comps in my Project Panel
on Jan 26, 2017 at 7:43:01 pm

That's because I'm doing a template for the camera animation that needs my current project. It's about technology so there's a grid of solids that will act as 'security screens'. I'll be adding my scenes' renders in a folder named SCENES, then run my script and it will randomly take the transitions needed for the number of scenes, replace the solids with .movs. and assemble the project ready for render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]