ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

tracking rotating debris

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Nibor
tracking rotating debris
on Jan 26, 2017 at 6:45:16 pm

I got a slowmo shot of small parts of debris which are flying in all kinds of directions (almost like an explosion) and I need to track the position of a few of those parts so that I can attach a small billboard to each of them.

The challenge here is, that the parts that I need to track are rotating in midair and they are blurry too.... so basically I guess I will not be able to do a normal track...

on the other hand, the track does not need to be super accurate... als long as I get the trajectory and speed I can get away with it.

does anyone have an idea what would be the best way to tackle this?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: tracking rotating debris
on Jan 26, 2017 at 6:55:56 pm

You could try using Mocha or even AE's point tracker to track each piece and then kinda fake the rotation manually if needed.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marc Nibor
Re: tracking rotating debris
on Jan 26, 2017 at 8:46:27 pm

Thanks Michael - thank you for your answer.

I think the AE pointtracker and even Mocha will not work - because of the nature of the footage. (i've done a fair amount of tracking in the past) The good thing is that I do not need the rotation - only the position. Anyhow... I'll give it a try now.... but my hopes aren't up ; )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]