ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mask path shows when editing parameters of an effect; would like to hide the path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnson
Mask path shows when editing parameters of an effect; would like to hide the path
on Jan 25, 2017 at 6:03:43 pm

I have a mask/path on a solid. Apply the Vegas effect. Select "none" in the pop-up on the actual mask which hides the mask.

When I make parameters changes, such as the number of segments, in the effects tab, the path becomes highlighted and I have to deselect/click in the background to hide the actual path to get a look at the effect.

I watched a tutorial by Andrew Kramer and noticed when he was adjusting the various parameters of an effect, the mask/path didn't highlight...the changes just appeared.

Been looking around in preferences and haven't hit upon how to hide the path. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Emre Anil
Re: Mask path shows when editing parameters of an effect; would like to hide the path
on Jan 25, 2017 at 7:04:41 pm

Is this what you're looking for?

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: Mask path shows when editing parameters of an effect; would like to hide the path
on Jan 25, 2017 at 8:24:41 pm

Yes! Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 25, 2017 at 7:05:33 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 25, 2017 at 7:13:59 pm

That particular adjustment may be in the Vegas effect. It may also be affected by turning off the Show Masks icon at the bottom of the Comp window, which looks like a dotted rectangle with a corner cut off.

Incidentally, kudos on your design for the SR-71! Fastest, highest-flying and sexiest aircraft EVER!

If you don't get the joke, google your name.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Jan 25, 2017 at 8:24:07 pm

haha... yes, I get those jokes every so often. Perhaps when I'm older and a younger generation won't know who he actually was, I'll get even more mileage!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:02:40 pm

Okay, now the important part -- did either of those tricks work?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:10:11 pm

yes, clicking the path icon made it go bye-bye..... I had responded but posting times are wonky!

Return to posts index

Nathan Walters
on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:44:03 pm

Another great way to hide everything in the window; use cmd+shift+"h" on Mac or Ctrl+Shift+"h" on Windows (I think...).
Press it again to toggle it back on.

That will hide not just mask paths but everything else as well, outside the actual image you're working with.
It's probably one of my most used keyboard short cuts.

Nathan Walters
Halo Union Productions
http://www.HaloUnion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]