ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3d - Duplicating models to specific locations

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lee
Element 3d - Duplicating models to specific locations
on Jan 23, 2017 at 2:27:38 pm

Hey guys,

I'm creating a map that includes radio towers scattered around the US to specific cities. However, I also need the ability to go back and add some basic modeling changes and textures later on once i figure out where they all go.

I can't use the particle replicator since I can't control where each instance goes, so i duplicated the solid of which each Element 3d effect is applied and moved them each individually. I've noticed however, that when i make a change to one of the models through "scene setup" such as adding a red sphere at the top, it doesn't carry through to each duplication. Is there a better way that I should be approaching this so that I can make one change that affects each instance?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Element 3d - Duplicating models to specific locations
on Jan 23, 2017 at 3:36:38 pm

You can duplicate the model into different groups in one instance of Element 3D and position each group individually. You might be limited to the number of groups, but a change to the texture should affect all of them in that particular layer. You could probably quickly duplicate the sphere and drop into each group also. It doesn't completely solve your problem, but hopefully makes things a little easier...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]