ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

render farm hardware recommendation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Paul
render farm hardware recommendation
on Jan 22, 2017 at 5:31:13 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Paul on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:06:11 pm

I'm working in a medium sized team of enthusiast primarily using After Effects for our creative work. We are thinking of building a render farm to speed up our workflow. A lot of our work is 3D, but we almost never use ray tracing. I am currently working on MacBook Pro. These are it's stats: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7....

I am poorly educated as far as hardware goes, but I imagine building such a farm is about choosing the right CPU (many of them, I am not sure if I just multiply GHz with the number of cores to get it's rendering performance), compatible mother board having tons of RAM and SSD discs, effective cooling and probably just a few CUDA graphic cards since we are not using ray tracing that much. What hardware should we buy to reach 100x improvement in our render speed relative to the MacBook Pro? We are looking for the best performance/price ratio per component.

If you have any experience, tips or tricks that may be handy regarding building render farm, I would be greatly thankful if you share them.

Regards, Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]