ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fingerprint Face Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harper Sherman
Fingerprint Face Effect
on Jan 17, 2017 at 1:55:21 am

I was wondering how the fingerprint face effect was done from 10 - 15 seconds as well as the 26 - 30 second mark

the link to the video is here

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Fingerprint Face Effect
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:51:46 pm

Very interesting effect. At 10 seconds you can clearly see that they rotoscoped the hand. If it was me I would motion track the face and add the hand print. Then roto the hand so it looks like it is in front. You can draw as a mask around the hand and right-click on it and choose track mask. Or use the roto brush. Hope this is of some help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Harper Sherman
on Jan 19, 2017 at 5:49:35 pm

Makes sense, how would you get the handprint asset in the first place? Do it practical and then photoshop it out as an asset? I guess after tracking the handprint to the face you would then animate the lips to move slightly?

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Jan 19, 2017 at 11:16:41 pm

Hi Harper, I'd suggest you could try making up the the face with green make-up (theatrical stores have green base), cover the rest of the head/hair with green cap. Cover a hand with white/silver goop and place it on the face - fiddle with it to make it look like you want. Make sure you have a clean plate of the background then key out the green.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]