ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing 3D objects into AE stills?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaernon Adrian
Compositing 3D objects into AE stills?
on Jan 15, 2017 at 11:54:55 am

I have a couple dozens stills in front of a green screen and I`m thinking about making a 2.5D music video. So, no video, but around 70 pictures shot at different angles and situations depending on the scene I want to create.

Now I obviously need to do a lot of compositing because I`m going for an 80s retro futuristic video and the character is in front of a green screen.

I need to use a car A LOT of times, a specific car and I`m afraid I`m not able to get 2D pictures of the car that is shot from all the angles possible that I would need so I`m pretty limited right there with only one angle of the car [the side]. I`m using FREE pexels website to get pictures and backgrounds.

Now the other option would be to use a 3D model of a car which can be angled however I would like it to, BUT I do not have any experience with CINEMA4D or Cineware tracking soft or any other 3D modeling software for that matter. I also do not know any website that has free CC0 [commercial use] models of cars. Maybe someone around here knows one?

How hard would it be to achieve this 3D thing? I`m also on a timed project so I cannot afford to lose too much time working on the project.

PS: Also, any other technique that might be easier and newbie friendly to achieve, I`m ready to hear it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Compositing 3D objects into AE stills?
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:25:17 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:27:58 pm

I'm afraid you're kind of stuck. The best way to do this is in a 3D app -- which you'll have to learn fast -- and you'll have to buy 3D models of the cars you need.

It's too bad you said, "Yes, I can do this" without sufficient experience to make that statement. I hope you can pull this off.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Compositing 3D objects into AE stills?
on Jan 16, 2017 at 12:11:32 am

Hi, people have been known to get a toy model of the car and then shoot stills from the angles they need - would that work stylistically for you?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]