ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Custom Keyboard Shortcut Not Working in AE 2017 on Mac Os X 10

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony HairgrowCustom Keyboard Shortcut Not Working in AE 2017 on Mac Os X 10
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 7:37:56 pm

So I've been learning how to write my own scripts and I'm trying to create a custom keyboard shortcut to execute it. I've gone into the Keyboard shortcut file and edited it, but my custom mapping doesn't show up. I verified that I'm working on the correct file by removing the shortcut for Undo and it indeed is removed from the menu. I can assign a shortcut for the Run Script File option, which is "ExecuteScript" = "()" in side the shortcuts file). That works fine but when I try to assign the custom script on the next line, "ExecuteScriptMenuItem01" = "()", it doesn't show up in the menu, thus not working. In any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Anthony HairgrowRe: Custom Keyboard Shortcut Not Working in AE 2017 on Mac Os X 10
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 7:45:53 pm

Well this kind of odd, but in case anyone else has this problem, it seems in AE 2017 you have to set your custom keyboard shortcut to the second menu item in the list ("ExecuteScriptMenuItem02" = “()”), in order to execute the first script in the folder. Odd, but it works. Not sure if this is a bug but I'm running with it for now.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Custom Keyboard Shortcut Not Working in AE 2017 on Mac Os X 10
by on Jan 14, 2017 at 1:47:44 am

That's an old-ish bug specific to the Mac platform:
http://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/use-keyboard-shortcut/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved