ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Progress Bar (Diagonal Stripes loop)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max DornfeldProgress Bar (Diagonal Stripes loop)
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 2:14:12 pm

Hi,

i need a Progress bar in after effects. The diagonal Stripes should move as an endless loop. Has anyone a good tutorial for me?

Best Regards.
George

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Progress Bar (Diagonal Stripes loop)
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 2:57:52 pm

If you build a seamless diagonal stripe pattern, you can animate it endlessly with the Offset effect [link].

You can build the diagonal stripes very fast with a shape layer and a repeater, or with the Grid effect and the Slant effect.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Emre AnilRe: Progress Bar (Diagonal Stripes loop)
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 3:21:03 pm

Hi there,
I'll try to explain here,

Let's say your loading bar has 50px height..

11First create a composition (barInsideComp) with dimensions 50px * 50px, create 2 solids in this layer with your desired colors for the bar. Make a diagonal mask on the top solid. it'll should look like this:

Next, create another composition for the outline of the loading bar.. let's say 500px * 50px.. (loadingBarComp)
Put the barInsideComp into the loadingBarComp and add the following effects on barInsideComp layer
Add CC Repetile effect. Set Expand Left & Expand Right values 225 for and choose Repeat from the Tiling drop down.
Add Motion Tile effect.
Animate Tile Center's first value (x) with the desired speed. You can put 2 key frames to this value and use loopOut("continue") or loopOut("cycle") expressions for continuous movement..

Now you got the moving parts of the loading bar, just put the comp into a more stylish comp and you're done..

Hope this helps or at least give an idea..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]