ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Corruption after render (using new Sapphire Plugins?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Black
Corruption after render (using new Sapphire Plugins?)
on Jan 11, 2017 at 12:39:38 am

Hey guys,

so I'm using a new set of Sapphire Plugins for a music video. I export it into an XML from Resolve, edit it in premiere then roundtrip back to Resolve for colour grading. Afterwards I export it as Uncompressed 10-bit. I drag that into After Effects where I add in FX for the video.

After I put in all of the FX and render it I find that every half-second or so there's a blip of "corruption" that looks like this:

As you can see it is very distracting and there's no way I can send this to my client in the condition that it's in.

I'm wondering if any of you have run into this before? Could it be my new Sapphire Plugins or is it some issue with Codec?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Corruption after render (using new Sapphire Plugins?)
on Jan 11, 2017 at 1:17:46 am

Maybe try disabling Sapphire's GPU acceleration? You can turn it off on a per-effect basis in the Help dialog (click Help near the top of the effect in the Effects Control Panel) or globally by editing the s_config.txt file.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Corruption after render (using new Sapphire Plugins?)
on Jan 11, 2017 at 4:02:01 pm

Since you say nothing about the codecs used it's impossible to say if you have a codec problem.

Just know that with your multi-stepped workflow, you should work in the highest-quality, lossless codec to avoid image degradation.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]