ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giorgos ChatzigrigoriouProblem with Keyframes
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 12:59:19 am
Last Edited By Giorgos Chatzigrigoriou on Jan 7, 2017 at 1:02:03 am

Hi there, I have a weird issue with after effects. It's been a long time since I've used after effects so maybe it's the way it works. Let's say I keyframe the position of the video. When I playback the footage it doesn't show the values gradually changing. The effect is happening but the numbers are the same. Also when I click on each keyframe to see the values again it doesn't change. The values change only when I drag the cursor timeline manually or when during playback I pause and then it shows the values for the specific time. Any help will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem with Keyframes
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 1:47:45 am

I don't understand. Is it animating when you do a RAM Preview?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Giorgos ChatzigrigoriouRe: Problem with Keyframes
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 2:24:02 am

Nevermind I found what was happening. As a beginner I thought that when you keyframe let's say the position of the composition, and you hit play on the left you will the values changing as it plays based on where the red line that crosses the timeline is. Then I noticed that the values on the left are based only on where the Current Time Indicator is. I wish that there was an option when I hit play to see my video the current time Indicator would move so as to see the values changing realtime. I linked some photos. Thanks for the help.

10928_keyframes.rar.zip

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Problem with Keyframes
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 10:42:44 am

If you scrub the CTI you will see them changing in real-time.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]