ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects: Mouse dragging issue (Real Time?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan LewisAfter Effects: Mouse dragging issue (Real Time?)
by on Jan 4, 2017 at 6:51:33 pm

Hi

I have always been working with Adobe After effects Cs3. I have upgraded my system to a 16GB Ram, windows 10 OS and adobe cs6. Ive been having this issue and its quite hard to get the answer as its explanation makes it so difficult.

So here's my issue: When I have created my composition and have added anything, weather it be a rigged character or even just a normal shape. When dragging it across the screen ( with the left mouse button) on the work area nothing is visible (no movement) until i leave the mouse button it only appears where i ended. But no movement in between was visible.

I have read numerous threads but couldn't come across anything such as this and as I said before, its quite difficult to explain. It has nothing to do with pre- or rendering. Its the actual moving (visibility) of an object when dragged by the mouse. I have set my resolution down to Quarter to see if that might be the issue but nothing (I even have 14GB of RAM allocated to Adobe Products so the chances are slim of it being this).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects: Mouse dragging issue (Real Time?)
by on Jan 4, 2017 at 6:58:06 pm

Did you turn on the Live Update feature? I forget where it's located in CS6.

And just to be thorough, are you running version 11.0.4? If not, get it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Donovan LewisRe: After Effects: Mouse dragging issue (Real Time?)
by on Jan 4, 2017 at 7:06:49 pm

Thanks allot Dave LaRonde . It was the Live Update that was disabled and they have removed the button from cs3 to cs6. The option was in the timeline options drop down in the top right corner. Thanks so much again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]