ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Preview is too Slow, can't edit my videos properly to get good impact

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saud Khatri
After Effects Preview is too Slow, can't edit my videos properly to get good impact
on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:09:01 pm

Hello all forum member,

Let me introduce myself, im Saud Khatri and i started learning Video shooting and editing about a year ago and im gradually learning stuff and i try to be better with every video i come up with.

So the problem im facing is, im editing my videos in After Effect and i do some basic transitions and animations. But now im at a level where i have to learn some more editing techniques to make my videos better and for that, i have to preview my project again and again to adjust many many small things like syncing transition with audio, adjusting the timing etc.

Im using Macbook Pro 15in 2015. Its a basic model, so i have 2.2 Ghz Core i7 with 16gb Ram, 1.5gb Intel Iris Pro and SSD. Overall After Effects works pretty good in it but the onlly problem im having is the Preview part where im being restricted to have very basic edits.

If some expert would have some suggestions for me, please do let me know. I have researched on this & tried many things but im not getting my preview any good. Im sure some experienced experts would be able to help me in this situation.

Regards
Saud Khatri

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: After Effects Preview is too Slow, can't edit my videos properly to get good impact
on Jan 3, 2017 at 12:42:13 am

Hi Saud, After Effects isn't a program designed for video editing, which is why why you are having problems. You need to use an NLE (non linear editing) program. If you are part of Adobe CC then Premiere Pro is available as part of your package - and it can link in with After Effects for special shots. If you aren't part of CC then you might want to look at Davinci Resolve which is free:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects Preview is too Slow, can't edit my videos properly to get good impact
on Jan 3, 2017 at 2:02:09 am

I agree -- you are using the WRONG tool for the job. Use Premiere Pro. You will be happier.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jan 3, 2017 at 5:52:37 pm

As above, After Effects is just not an editing software and editing techniques just aren't able to be developed in that suite.

That said, are you getting your preview by hitting the spacebar or doing an actual ram preview (default is numberpad 0)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]