ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Use 3D Tracker Camera to stabilize/stop motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin ParsonsUse 3D Tracker Camera to stabilize/stop motion
by on Dec 23, 2016 at 1:35:57 am

Is it possible to use a camera created using the 3D Camera Tracker to stabilize or stop the camera motion like the Stabilize Motion feature? I feel like I get a better track from 3D Camera Tracker.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Use 3D Tracker Camera to stabilize/stop motion
by on Dec 23, 2016 at 5:20:19 pm

No. The 3D Camera Tracker is designed to track the movement of the camera. AE then generates a virtual camera that replicates the movement of the real one, so that you can place objects within a scene that exactly match the motion of the real camera. AE's virtual camera has no ability to affect the position, scale, rotation, warping, etc of the image it's tracking--all it does is provide a frame of reference for objects in AE's 3D environment.

Warp Stabilizer is probably what you're looking for--it's more automated and affects the whole image.

Finally, if you're not getting a good track from the point trackers in After Effects (and thus, bad results on the motion stabilization generated from those tracked points), it's possible that you need to learn better how to use them, and how to clean up the track data when the automated tracking is just not cutting the mustard. There are a million tutorials out there that Google can find for you. Don't watch some random 13-year-old YouTuber's tutorial. Try to find one by a professional like Brian Maffit--some of them are old, and (gasp) not HD, but they are still 100% relevant today.

Return to posts index

Dustin ParsonsRe: Use 3D Tracker Camera to stabilize/stop motion
by on Dec 23, 2016 at 5:41:32 pm

It's not really that I can't get a good track using the Stabilize Motion feature, I can, it just takes way longer to get the same quality track as the 3D Camera Tracker (and I like to save time). Guess I'll have to add a feature request for this.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Use 3D Tracker Camera to stabilize/stop motion
by on Dec 23, 2016 at 6:59:13 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Dec 23, 2016 at 7:09:14 pm

There's no need to do a feature request--Warp Stabilizer already does exactly what you want to do. It analyzes the entire scene (not just tracking points that you specify), and adjusts the entire image to compensate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]