Strange Clipping issue in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claire Wilkins
Strange Clipping issue in After Effects
on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:36:52 am
Last Edited By Claire Wilkins on Dec 22, 2016 at 10:18:18 am

Hi There,

I'm running a MAC PRO in our Edit Suite- and am experiencing a rather strange clipping issue on the active camera. I'm using After Effects- am on the creative cloud and have the Elements 3D plug in from Video CoPilot.

The scene itself is simple enough. The camera is to pull through the star in an asset we created in illustrator and extruded with Elements 3D in After effects...the camera then pulls out to the logo as the spot lights move up the letters. (Gimmicky,i know but thats what the client wanted!) However....I have a strange rectangle at the top of my active camera which only sits over the 3D element (i.e you can see the background etc, and all other layers. I've attached images to hopefully highlight. (the active camera being the right hand side).

As i pull out with the camera - the rectangle stays there almost like a mask, but only on the 3D element.

I have already checked and unchecked each layer to see if there is an interference, and tested it wasnt just the RAM preview by exporting the video file and ...nope...still there- any one got any ideas 😲

10889_screenshot20161221at16.17.16.png.zip

Here is the image of my work station so you can see the issue I'm alluding to!

-Claire

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Strange Clipping issue in After Effects
on Dec 22, 2016 at 10:48:42 am

Make sure that the solid holding your Element effect is comp-sized, centered, and 2D.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Claire Wilkins
on Dec 22, 2016 at 11:47:33 am

Thanks Walter- all of those things were correct, but out of frustration i clicked reset anyway- and despite the fact not a single number changed.....for some reason that seemed to fix it.

0_0

I'm glad i spent hours toying with this yesterday- Thanks Walter for being a good luck charm.

-Claire

Junior Content Manager - MCI UK

Return to posts index

Claire Wilkins
on Jan 4, 2017 at 5:11:28 pm

It was all of those things, but perhaps it was a touch off center somehow as when i hit reset it started to work properly, even though it didnt move! Weird!!

Junior Content Manager - MCI UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]