ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Type on a curve issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Koblesky
Type on a curve issue
on Dec 20, 2016 at 2:39:23 pm

I thought this simple animation would be easy but it is not turning out that way

I want to have text animate from behind a circle from small to large. See the image for refernce The top is easy, but bottom is hard because you cannot have the text follow the curve outside of the line facing below and the animate it outward like the top.

You can have the bottom text sit outside the line along the circle by creating a negative baseline shift but the animation does not work correctly.

Is there a simple thing I am not getting? I cant find anything online....
Thanks anyone!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Type on a curve issue
on Dec 20, 2016 at 3:35:20 pm

I don't know if you have to mess with that. Put a null dead-center in the circle. Parent the text layer(s) to the null. Scale the null.

It will, however, change the size of the text. If that's okay with you, you're done.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave Koblesky
Re: Type on a curve issue
on Dec 20, 2016 at 4:01:52 pm

Thanks Dave! That's a great solution. I use nulls in 3D all the time but rarely think of using them in AE. Need to start doing that. However, I was trying to use the Text animation pre-set to have each character grow up independently....but this may work fine for what I need to do as well. Need to get in there and try it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]