ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issue with Corner pin effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William YaoIssue with Corner pin effects
by on Dec 16, 2016 at 4:24:16 pm
Last Edited By William Yao on Dec 16, 2016 at 4:48:29 pm

Hi guys!

I'm trying to apply a corner pin effect to distort the text layer into a more perspective look, however when i apply the effect on the text layer, the corner pin were placed over the corner of the composition(red circle) but not at the corner of the text layer(green circle), renders the corner pin effect useless. Which part did i miss?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day ☺
William

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Issue with Corner pin effects
by on Dec 16, 2016 at 6:40:59 pm

[William Yao] " Which part did i miss?"

Text layers are Ae's vector based layers and they are basically an element inside a blank layer the size of the composition... so effects work on the layer and this is why you see it at it's dimensions. you can approach this in 2 ways or more:
1. precomp the text layer and in the precomp you should crop it to the text's boundaries
2. use the 3d switch and use the natural perspective of 3d layers with rotating it in 3d space.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

William YaoRe: Issue with Corner pin effects
by on Dec 17, 2016 at 6:40:32 am

Thanks a lot for your informative help! Since i already engaged 3d layer option on the text layer but still not getting a satisfying look, i'll try to your first way of doing it.
Have a nice day =)

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Issue with Corner pin effects
by on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:25:35 pm

Sure glad to help Buddy. yes, the 3d will only allow true perspective so if you want a real corner pin, then cropping the precomp is the way to go. Quick tip: you can use region of interest to crop you precomp
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/previewing.html#region_of_inter...

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

William YaoRe: Issue with Corner pin effects
by on Dec 18, 2016 at 4:36:20 pm

Thanks again! I find out that as soon as i i crop down the text layer to its actual border in a precomp, the perspective looked great with the 3d layer option only, realizing that it was all about the actual size of the text layer composition affecting all the looks.
Glad i found out the answer so quickly with your help, really appreciate it =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]