ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vid ŠimencIs it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:52:23 pm
Last Edited By Vid Šimenc on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:52:46 pm

Basicaly I want to expand stars from a point but it looks wierd because it expands as a rectangle and not a circle.

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Is it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:57:14 pm

you can easily create a starburst by using a star shape layer.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Vid ŠimencRe: Is it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 8:05:00 pm

Hey,

I'm new at this and didn't even know shape layers existed... Still catching on some beginner tutorials but I think we have different things in mind but the answer is in shape layers I jsut don't know how to use them. Basicaly I want to have the "cc starburst" effect bound by a circle.

http://prntscr.com/djw9rz

And what is the easiest way to create a circle as a shape (not an elipse)? I havent seen any tutorial mention it and I'm guessing it's such a small thing not worth mentioning.

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Is it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 9:11:55 pm

I see now. this effect feeds of the pixels and masking is just giving it less pixels and not cropping it. you can create your mask on a solid in a layer on top of the layer with the CC starburst effects and set the latter to user the above layer as an alpha matte. think of it as a clipping mask

more about track mattes here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/track-mattes-luma-alpha-aftere...

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Vid ŠimencRe: Is it possible to make a starburst effect in a circle and not a rectangle? Masking isn't working
by on Dec 16, 2016 at 11:15:53 am

Thanks for letting me know of all this options. The art in aftereffects is the way you use things. Sadly this wouldn't work anyway. I shipped the project. It was only a couple of frames but still. At the second beat the stars launch out but with the proposed method making them circular wouldn't be possible.

at like 3 sec

Thanks for all the responses!

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2016 at 11:29:59 am

here's the project file:

10878_starburstcirclecopycc13.aep.zip

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2016 at 2:13:08 pm

This is awesome. Thanks for all the help I am guessing this method can be applied to all simulation and other efects that can not be masked so this will be really useful in the future. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]