ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any general advice on how to improve these 2 compositing shots?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric HinojosaAny general advice on how to improve these 2 compositing shots?
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:03:15 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting!

I'm working on a short film that demonstrates social anxiety. Below are 2 clips that I'm working on:

The visual effects are surreal so they don't have to be perfectly "realistic," but obviously I'd like them to be as good as possible given my limited powers and $0 budget.

In the first, a rainbow flow falls out of his feet because his toe twitching allows his anxiety to fall out without his face showing. In a perfect world this would have been done with a 3d/liquid program that responds to gravity etc... But with my resources, i tried to do my best with creativity. I took a keyed image of liquid flowing, track matted a rainbow image to it and added some blur etc... to make it fit the image.

In the second clip I have a human heart shooting up into the guy's throat to demonstrate how he feels. I sent the heart through a warp mesh to look like it's squeezing through his throat. I experimented with having a displacement map or a bulge effect, but the lighting is too dramatic and I haven't had luck up to now.

I was wondering if you have any basic compositing techniques or general suggestions to improve these shots? This sort of thing is not my forte at all, so any suggestions that are within the realm of my power/tutorials I can watch would be most appreciated. Thank you so much!

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]