ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to extend animation in a project with many layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pavel Vanchugov
How to extend animation in a project with many layers?
on Dec 12, 2016 at 9:57:07 pm

My client often asks me to extend some animations in the middle of the project in 1 second. That requires not only moving keyframe on target layer in 1 second, but also moving all keyframes after that moment on all layers. I am doing it manually, and it's really long. Is there a better way?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
You do it carefully
on Dec 13, 2016 at 12:38:02 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:15:31 am

If everything's in one big comp, you're doing it properly. It is a pain in the neck, is it not?

Now, if this happens to be a long comp -- anything over a minute is long in AE terms -- I recommend putting significant sections of the animation into their own nested comps. Small changes become easier to accomplish that way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Monk Ng
Re: How to extend animation in a project with many layers?
on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:53:44 am

http://aescripts.com/rd-compsetter/
This is an aescript that can adjust composition setting for multiple comps at once.
What Dave suggests is also a great practice. The best part is you can also pre-render each comp for a faster output!!

Return to posts index

Pavel Vanchugov
on Dec 13, 2016 at 8:36:00 am

http://aescripts.com/elastic-comp-changer/ doing what i searched for. Thank you for your answers. Pre render comps means render and replace videos with compositions? Or it's a preview RAM render?

Return to posts index

Monk Ng
on Jan 9, 2017 at 2:28:41 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes it means render and replace the comp. This will make preview and final render faster. Just make sure you have good file management to make sure you have correct sequence for final output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]